Matcha Peachu by Monica Berg
share this story
We revisit one of our favourite ways to enjoy Matcha; the Matcha Peachu cocktail, created by Monica Berg, The World's 50 Best's Bartender's Bartender of the Year 2019.
Back in 2014 leading bartender Monica Berg, then bar manager of Pollen Street Social, shared her recipe for the dizzingly good Matcha Peachu cocktail with us. Four years on, it’s still a firm Canton team favourite.
Ingredients (serves one):
1. 35ml Tapatio Blanco tequila
2. 15ml peach liqueur
3. 10ml Yellow Chartreuse
4. 15ml lime juice
5. 1 spoon Canton Matcha green tea
1. Shake wet ingredients with ice and strain into a small carafe before serving.
2. Add the (sieved) Matcha into a pre-chilled Matcha bowl, pour the drink over and whisk well.
3. Garnish with a jasmine flower (or sprig of something green).