Recipe: Mediterranean Tea and Tonic
share this story
Created by our Head of Tea, Ali, this refreshing alcohol-free alternative to the classic gin and tonic has a Mediterranean twist, and is perfect for sipping on a sunny terrace.
Just make an easy tea concentrate in less than 10 minutes (plus extra to chill) and serve with Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic. Makes one litre of unmixed tea concentrate and two litres of mixed drink.
1. 1 litre water
2. 16 grams Canton Earl Grey
3. 2 large sprigs of rosemary (plus extra to garnish)
4. 1 litre Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic
5. Lemon to garnish
1. 1 large brewing vessel (large heatproof jug)
3. Bottles or jugs for storage
To make the tea concentrate:
1. Weigh out the tea and rosemary into your chosen brewing vessel, cover with 1 litre of water heated to 95°C and infuse for 5 minutes.
2. Strain through a sieve into your storage container.
3. Refrigerate until fully chilled.
To serve:Dilute tea concentrate with tonic water using a 1:1 ratio. Serve over ice with a lemon and rosemary garnish.
Store in the fridge for up to 48 hours.